The HDLE/HDLS oil field, which is connected to the Zemlet El Arbi contract and is situated in the Berkine basin about 300 kilometres south-east of Hassi Messaoud, has begun production, according to SONATRACH and its partner, Italian oil and gas giant, ENI.

Due to fast development, this field began producing in October 2022, just seven months after the first exploration well (HDLE-1) discovered it.

At the moment, the HDLE/HDLS oil field is producing 10,000 boe per day. Through the implementation of an expedited development plan, which specifically calls for the drilling of new wells in 2023, a rise in production is anticipated, allowing for a potential production potential of over 17,000 boe per day.

A Hydrocarbon Research and Exploitation contract covering Zemlet El Arbi’s boundary has SONATRACH holding 51% of the interests and ENI holding the remaining 49%.