The Angolan National Oil, Gas and Biofuels’ Agency (ANPG) has set April 12th for a hybrid online and physical roadshow for the current oilfield bid-round, at the Talatona Convention centre in Luanda, Angola, for investors to meet with the Agency regarding the blocks on offer, the data packages and the accessibility studies, as well as environmental, logistical and local content issues.
Per the Agency’s duties as national concessionaire charged with the attribution of petroleum exploration blocks, it is adjusting its processes to stay competitive in the current market that is dominated with uncertainties amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, considerations and stiff competition from new and promising frontiers like Guyana and Suriname.
The ongoing round shows Angola’s strategy for the continuous attribution of petroleum concessions 2019-2025 which was approved and codified by Presidential Decree no. 52/19, of 18th February 2019, aimed at providing access to promising acreage to competent explorers to increase geological knowledge about Angola’s hydrocarbons potential and ultimately increasing proven reserves.
The acreages on offer are:
- Three (3) blocks of the lower Congo onshore Basin CON1, CON5 and CON6
- Six (6) of the Kwanza onshore Basin (KON5, KON6, KON8, KON9, KON17 and KON20)
Per the provisions of Presidential Decree No. 86/18, of 2nd April 2019, the ongoing 2020 bid round will unfold as follows:
- Tender Launch
- Proposal submission
- The opening of offers from potential suitors in a public setting
- The evaluation and qualification of proposals
- The submission of the evaluation report to the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum and Gas
- Contract negotiation with the winners of the bid-round